photo credit: Jennie Magiera
Short Bio (58 words):
Kat Cho is an international bestselling YA author who loves to incorporate her Korean heritage in her writing, especially if it involves describing food. She loves anything that encourages nerding out, including reading, K-dramas, K-pop and anime. She’s the author of the Gumiho duology (Penguin) and Once Upon a K-Prom (Disney).
Long Bio (100 words):
Kat Cho used to hide books under the bathroom sink and then sneak in there to read after bedtime. Her parents pretended not to know. This helped when she decided to write a dinosaur time-travel novel at the tender age of nine. Sadly, that book was not published. She currently lives and works in NYC and spends her free time trying to figure out what kind of puppy to adopt. Kat is the international bestselling author of the Gumiho duology (Penguin) and Once Upon a K-Prom (Disney).
Longest Bio (193 words)
Kat Cho (she/her) is an internationally bestselling author of Young Adult fiction. She received her BA in Biology from Wesleyan University and MPH in Community Education from CUNY Hunter in her past life as a clinical researcher before she rekindled her love of storytelling. She advocates for equity and representation in publishing and media through her work with Diverse Voices Inc., the non-profit behind DVPit and DVCon. As well as running programs such as fundraisers (including Kidlit Against Anti-AAPI Racism Auction) and volunteering for diverse mentorship programs as both mentor and application reader.
When Kat isn’t writing or reading, she is the co-host of the Write or Die Podcast, a podcast that interviews authors about the struggles of getting published and maintaining an author career with a focus on spotlighting as many diverse creators as possible. Kat and her books have been featured in Entertainment Weekly, NBC, Refinery 29, and Seventeen. Her books include the Penguin One World One Book 2019 Selection, Wicked Fox, and its internationally bestselling sequel, Vicious Spirit. As well as the upcoming romcom Once Upon a K-Prom (Disney, 2022).
Fun Kat Facts
• I am a Korean American author who finds a lot/too much/just enough inspiration in K-dramas.
• I worked in cancer research in my previous life.
• I am the co-host of the Write or Die podcast where we interview writers and talk about their long (often difficult) journeys to publication!
• Some of my Book Recommendations/Favorite Books!
• I am represented by the amazing Beth Phelan at Gallt & Zacker
• For more about my books go here
• You can sign up for my newsletter, READICULOUS MUSINGS, here: eepurl.com/dqylFD
• I don’t have a favorite K-drama; it’s way too hard to choose. But here’s a list of K-Dramas I’ve watched and liked!
• I also don’t have a favorite Kpop group. But the first Kpop groups/singers I loved were H.O.T., BoA and SG Wannabe. Here’s a pretty extensive list of K-Pop songs I’ve liked over the years:
Author Photo Downloads:
photo credit: Jennie Magiera 2020
photo credit: Claribel Ortega 2018
[size 800 x 800]
Book Cover Downloads:
art credit: Miranda Meeks
[size 1688 x 2550]
art credit: Miranda Meeks
[size 1686 x 2552]
art credit: Valentina Remenar
[size 1688 × 2550]